Each year National Breast Cancer Awareness Month is observed in October. It’s important to remember why we need to continue the fight against Breast Cancer. Many of us know, or know of someone who has dealt, or is dealing with Breast Cancer. One person can make a lasting impact in the lives of those fighting the disease.
There are many ways to get involved such as:
- Participating in a walk or run for Breast Cancer
- Learn about early detection, and reduce your risk
- Talk to your friends and coworkers about the importance of yearly screenings
- Encourage your employers to provide mobile screening services
- Shop for the Cure which helps fundraising for the cause
- Have a Pink day day at work, or throw a Pink party at home to raise awareness and possibly raise funds
To help support Breast Cancer Awareness Month I’m including links to posts on my personal experiences with mammogram screenings and I”m including resources for you or anyone you might know that may need assistance in obtaining low cost and/or free screenings in their area.
I’ve updated my posts to reflect current information.
I hope you will join me in the fight for the cure!